Thursday, August 6, 2009

It Has Been a While


Well I haven't posted in quite some time. Sorry. I got busy on my days off taking care of things around Bozeman and got a little behind on keeping the blog updated. The past two trips to the park have been fairly laid back compared to work before. We have been spending just about every day sitting around looking at aspen and not as much time hiking. It was a nice change of pace for a bit, but I think that in this last month the hiking should pick up again.

Right now I am in Kalispell visiting Miss Doe. We went and visited Glacier National Park yesterday. It was a lot of fun, but I was yet again amazed at how diferent it is from Yellowstone! Glacier is really steep and has real mountains that you don't see as much of in Yellowstone. This makes it harder to see a lot of the big wildlife that is seen in Yellowstone so much. However, we did see a Screaming Monkey (first picture) which was pretty exciting. I felt like Glacier is all about taking in the scenery and looking at the mountains. Which are fairly impressive. We also took a little hike and got to see a few waterfalls. I was amazed at how clear and clean the water was. There was one spot near a waterfall where the water was a deep turquoise and I really had the urge to jump in for a swim. It's too bad I couldn't.

Well I think I will be adding some more posts later about some of the things going on in the park. Probably some stuff about the crazy and abundant tourists that are visiting this year.

1 comment: