Friday, June 26, 2009

Pictures and Stuff

Well we have completed our first full, regular work week of 10 days. We got quite a bit done, but not really as much as Boss would have liked I guess. The 10 days were full of rainstorms and hiking through some steep terrain with a lot of deadfall and Lodgepole saplings thrown in there too. Which apparently is going to be the usual for this study area. I have a few good stories and things to post, but I have been busy working on repairing some gear for the next trip back to the park. So for now I thought I would add some pictures and maybe get in a few more posts in the next few days.

The first picture there is our original base camp, the public campground at Madison Junction. We brought along a small bear with a ribbon on its head as our mascot. Some of the campground workers thought that this was pretty funny and wanted to warn people that a bear was in the campground. However this probably would have caused mass chaos and confusion in the campground. The next picture shows what our campsite looked like a few days later... after we got about 5 inches of snow in just a couple hours. Apparently snow during summer really isn't that uncommon though. To round it all off the next picture shows some of the hail we got. It might be hard to see, but I assure you that is indeed hail.

The last two pictures are from when I was driving around with the Fam. There is a scenic picture from a pullout in Hayden Valley and a picture of some bison, including a calf, that almost trapped us on a boardwalk at some thermal features. Most of this stuff is a little old, I have been getting behind on my postings and uploading pictures. But the good news is we have internet in our trailer now, so I should be able to make some posts more often if the connection is fast enough. I should have a few more updates for here sometime today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment